Fort Roberdeau Historic Site and Natural Area is located near Altoona in Blair County, Pennsylvania. The rural 230-acre tract features a reconstructed Revolutionary War stockade surrounding six log cabins. It also includes an 1858 barn containing exhibits and a museum shop, an education center in an 1860 farmhouse, three nature trails, picnic facilities, and White Oak Hall, a large multipurpose facility. The original Fort Roberdeau was constructed in 1778 under the direction of General Daniel Roberdeau, one of Pennsylvania's representatives to the Second Continental Congress. Also known as the "Lead Mine Fort," it protected lead mining and smelting operations which provided ammunition to the Continental Army.
|Address:||383 Fort Roberdeau Road
Altoona, Pennsylvania 16601